Join us for the Second Annual Big Biscuit Showdown on Thursday, July 27 from 6-9pm at The Rickhouse in Downtown Durham. This unique food competition features twelve teams Rise chefs partnered with a local brewery or beverage company. Each team will prepare a special biscuit and donut that will be paired with a local craft-made beverage.
The best part? YOU get to taste and judge the best biscuits, donuts and beverages to see who will take home the coveted Big Biscuit Showdown belt! All proceeds will be donated to the Duke Cancer Institute through Give 1 For Dad, a local fundraising campaignto launch a clinical trial to test a novel approach to treat advanced prostate cancer patients. For more information, visit www.Give1ForDad.com.
Here are our participating Rise locations and their beverage partners:
- Rise Cameron Village with Trophy Brewing Company
- Rise Holly Springs with Carolina Brewing Company
- Rise Wilmington with Iron Clad Brewery
- Rise Durham Southpoint with Bean Traders Coffee
- Rise Brier Creek with Fair Game Beverage, The Brothers Vilgalys, and Crude Bitters
- Rise North Raleigh with Neuse River Brewing
- Rise Morrisville with Wicked Weed Brewery
- Rise Steele Creek (Charlotte) with D9 Brewery
- Rise Downtown Durham with Fullsteam Brewery
- Rise Carrboro with Steel String Brewery
Biscuit and donut creations and specific beer and beverage pairings will be announced in mid July at www.bigbiscuitshowdown.com.
Purchase tickets in advance here.
We hope to see you there!